The Tour will decide the British Champion for Open, DK and Women’s divisions.
Winners will receive a sponsorship package from the BBC.
Open division £500
The sponsorship will come in the form of support to compete at an IBA/ISA/ESF international event.
Notes for competitors:
1. All events will have Open, DK & Women’s divisions. The Porthtowan event will also host the British Nationals age divisions.
2. All events will score a maximum of 500 ranking points; see the BBC website for full points score details.
3. Competitors can drop a maximum of their 2 lowest scoring results, so in the event that all 6 events run your top 4 scores will count; if only 4 or 5 events run then the top 3 scores will count. 3 events, top 2 etc.
4. An all-surf-twice format will be run where time, conditions and entry numbers allow. Failing which the conventional knock-out format will apply.
5. Top 8 finishers in the Open division automatically qualify for next years tour.
6. The schedule is subject to amendment depending on conditions and beach permission.
7. Eligibility criteria for competing on the Tour can be found on the BBC website.