“You will all no doubt have been keeping an eye on the charts and will have seen the grim surf forecast for this coming weekend. 1ft of slop is not contestable, so we are taking the opportunity now to postpone the comp to enable people to make other arrangements. We will announce a fall-back date in due course, but it is likely to be later in the autumn.
All entries submitted will automatically carry forward to the new date, and priority will be given to those who have already entered. If when the new date is announced you cannot make it we will refund your entry fee, so no one loses out. Apologies to those competitors and spectators who have already booked travel tickets & accommodation; it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful weekend so maybe take the time and enjoy Cornwall whilst it’s a little less crowded.
Watch this space for further news….”